Hmm…What would you prefer to have with your cup of coffee in the morning? For me, I would never say no to a slice of homemade Banana Bread.
After my flu from last week (check out my homemade remedy for flu season), I decided that I should take care of myself better and cook a healthier diet. I started by doing some research about vegan dietary and stumbling across a lot of recipes. I then remembered about a Youtube channel that makes great contains for vegetarian food, Peaceful Cuisine by Ryoya Takashima (mine is here). His Vegan Banana Bread recipe really inspired me.
My mom is, in fact, a vegetarian. Back when I still lived with her, I ate a lot of vegetables from different veggie dishes, but somehow I never really did pay much attention to it. I guess as a professional chef I tend to shy away from it, focus more on meatier meals and forget how delicious and nutritious vegan diet can be.
I am not planning to become a vegetarian anytime soon, maybe in the future (who knows haha), but I really recommend to have a vegan meal once in a while. It is not only good for your body, but for the environment as well.
(Recipe video below)
Banana Bread (Vegan)
Serving 2 people
|Prep time||Cook time|
|10 mins||50 mins|
|All purpose flour||400gm|
1. Mash 300gm of banana, save 100gm for later. Then add oil, milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix to combine everything together.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl. Gently mix everything together. Do not over mix or the bread will not rise properly.
3. Cut the 100gm of banana into small chunks, then add to the mixture, together with some walnut, or any type of nut that you prefer.
4. Scoop the mixture into parchment paper lined pan, then cook in pre-heated oven, 180*C for 50 minutes, or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
5. Let your Banana Bread cool down before cut into it. Enjoy !!!