Frank’s Fried Chicken
Serving 2-4 people
|Prep time||Cook time|
|20 mins||15-20 mins|
A. Flour mix:
|Plain flour||3 cups|
|Garlic powder||2 tbsp|
|Dried oregano||2 tbsp|
|Mustard powder||2 tbsp|
|Dried thyme||2 tbsp|
|Salt & pepper||to taste|
|Plain flour||1 cups|
1. Season the drumsticks and thighs with salt & pepper, let it marinate for 20mins
2. Meanwhile prep your flour. For the flour mix combine all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
3. For the batter: Beat 2 whole eggs, then add the flour, mix together then slowly pour in the soda water until you get a thin batter
4. Dust the chicken thighs and drumsticks with plain flour, shake of the excess flour, then dip into the batter, shake of the excess and last into the flour mix, make sure it is well coated and shake off the excess.
5. Fry the chicken at 180*C, you can test the oil by using the tip of the chopstick, if you see the oil bubbling up around the chopstick’s tip then the oil is ready.
6. Fry the chicken for 15-20 mins, depend on size. Remember to skim the oil frequently so it will not be burnt.
7. When the chicken is completely cook, rest on a cooling rack and then enjoy!!!